*Sad Update* Momma left the nest.. **VERY GRAPHIC PICS**

Bec

THE Delaware Blue Hen
12 Years
Feb 21, 2007
Home Of The Delaware Blue Hen
I went out to check and see how everyone was doing and she is out in the coop with the babies, the last egg is cold!!!

I candled last night and saw movement, I candled just now and couldn't see much. What can I do??? I don't have an incubator.

I was just giggling about the thread about hatching babies in your cleavage....not laughing now that there IS an egg in my cleavage!!!

Please help!!!

Last edited:
Whoooo Hoo!! Another one assimilated!!!
lau.gif
jumpy.gif

Listen to the eggs is there any peeping ? put it under a heat light ?

The mom prob knows something iss wrong with it and it wouldnt hatch , thats why she left it
hmm.png

Last edited:
ok, seriously, you could pop it in a covered Tupperware, wrap a towel around the sides, under a desk lamp. put a damp bit of sponge in for humidity. How many days to go?

If the egg is the same "age" as the babies that the mom left with, just put it under a heat lamp or light with a wet sponge and it should hatch if it was going to. Now I also agree that a mom usually won't leave an egg unless she can not hear peeping or feel movement. The hens usually do know when it good or bad.

Everyone else hatched yesterday, I warmed up a dish towel and wrapped it up....
fl.gif
I am really hoping it is just a late bloomer!!

There was no peeping, but it was really moving around good last night and she was on it until about 11 this morning. It is 60 out, so it's not freezing, but it was chilled.

Edited to add: Do you think because it was chilly, the baby wasn't moving as much when I just looked? I saw some movement, but not like last night.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom