1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

sad***UPDATE post1***

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chixie, Oct 25, 2009.

1. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    my hubby kicked my babiy chicks outside... they are in an outside brooder... I am missing them... I have checked on them about 15 times already... It is so quiet in my house its sad...

update... the babies are back in the house... its raining really hard so I went to check on them and they were getting wet(old brooder -roof sprung a leak) so I brought them in and dried them... hubby is at work and they will not go back out until he builds me a new brooder and put it inside my new coop...

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  2. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

[​IMG] Yeah...takes a bit of getting used to doesn't it??? But on the plus side, the house stays a lot cleaner...lol

3. mnhomeschoolmom

mnhomeschoolmom Out Of The Brooder

Oct 15, 2009
    MN
    I totally understand! We just put our 2 week old babies out in the coop(in their brooder w/2 heat lamps). I was so worried with it being cold as it is but they are just as happy as can be. I'm thinking these babies are much hardier than I thought! We take them out to play in the coop for about a half hour each day and they just love it. It's a nice big space so we can sit in with them and enjoy playing, too. Joy!![​IMG]

Tracey

4. Maggies Pop

Maggies Pop Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2009
    Middletown (No CAL)
    Every morning I wake from a very unrested sleep thinking "I can't wait until they are in their coop". But I KNOW it will worry me to death once they are out! Right now they have taken over my master bathroom. I can't wait to have my bathroom back, but honestly, im in no hurry!

5. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    My 11 day old chicks got moved to their outside brooder last night, but they "looked cold" so I brought them into the garage.

Baby steps for me-I worry about them when they are so small.

6. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    [​IMG] Oh I have been there, me and almost everyone here! We feel your pain. [​IMG] I made several trips outside that night!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2009
  7. chixie

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    I went out and checked on them at midnight... all was well... I have been out there this morning and they are snubbing me... but they are all fine

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  8. eggsrcool

eggsrcool Sussex Fanatic

I know the feeling, I'm always worrying if they will be ok. The only way to take my mind off them for a while, is to set some more eggs... [​IMG]

9. chixie

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    I told hubby not to get me anything for christmas because i will be ordering more chicks after the first of the year... he said ok

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by