sad :(

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kerriliane, Oct 28, 2010.

1. kerriliane

kerriliane Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Langley, BC, Canada
    So my hen is sitting on 7 eggs.. and yesterday all was good, but today I noticed when i went to top her food up that there were 3 eggs sitting outside her broody house (it has a door that swivels open on the back) and one was crushed .. it was all veiny, and bloody and really sad. I immediately put them under her and when she saw them out from under her she freaked and lifted herself up so i could put them right back under her and then she checked on them all after they were under her.. how long is too long for them to get cold? Im worried that they wont hatch on wednesday now!! [​IMG]

2. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I'm so sorry this happened, but if you saw veining on the crushed one there is still hope for the others. Keeping my fingers crossed for your broody girl. [​IMG]

3. kerriliane

kerriliane Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Langley, BC, Canada
    The eggs werent outside yesterday as I keep the swivel door barricaded with the DE bag so no one can get it open and get her.
    And I de'd everything yesterday so I know this was an overnight/this morning thing.
    I just hope they didnt get too cold and I've never done the hatching thing before.. I just hope at least 1 hatches because I'm reallly impatient and if i have to put more eggs under her for another 3 weeks I dont know what I'll do!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by