Saddle air cells (duck eggs) and eggs under a broody duck

Farm life101

Songster
Jan 9, 2018
Florida
Hello fellow chicken and duck lovers!
I had ordered 6 fertile duck eggs on eBay, they came from Georgia to Florida so not to far but a few of the eggs had saddle air cells. Two of them still do and today is day 21 but they still look good growth wise. This is my first time hatching shipped eggs and ducks eggs so I’m looking for some tips and advice. The eggs are under a broody duck so should I assist the saddle air cell eggs or just leave it to the duck? Is there anything in particular I should do for those eggs?
thanks!

Just had two of them pip this morning! Neither were the saddle air cell eggs but I’m hoping they will soon. I’m trying to keep a close eye on them but also distancing as I don’t want to disturb the mom, peepers

How are they doing now?

I usually just try to make sure the eggs are set for lockdown with the lowest part of the saddle on the top. Most times they internally pip and hatch on their own just fine :)

Just had two of them pip this morning! Neither were the saddle air cell eggs but I’m hoping they will soon. I’m trying to keep a close eye on them but also distancing as I don’t want to disturb the mom, peepers
How did the saddled ones do in the end I have 2 goose eggs with the same issue Im at day 14 on the hatch

Back
Top Bottom