Saddness,Joy & Surprises,whew!! (3 pics)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bayouchica, Mar 22, 2008.

1. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    What a weekend already.... [​IMG]
    First off,my hubby brought some feed home & brought 6 little bundles of JOY!!! [​IMG] Last few weeks,I've been joking with him.I'll make a list of feed & put down 6 baby chics,lol.I wouldn't have imagined he would bring some home.He was up their & noticed one little banty not doing so good.So he brought it home plus 5 more.I'm so sad to say,the little weak one has just passed away. [​IMG] It had spraddle leg & won't eat at all.I did everything I could. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have a turken hen(Winglet) who has tired & tired to hatch some babies.I don't know why she wasn't successful.I gave her 3 banty eggs & one has hatched this morning!!! Winglet is one special hen,she didn't ever grow wing feathers all that good,bottom of the pecking order,etc...I've been letting her brood in my old truck,lol. She'll be moving in the henhouse after the other ones hatch.
    [​IMG]
    Oh yeah & my Miss Quacks,the mallard has gone broody [​IMG] She's got atleast a dozen eggs.I'm so excited.

[​IMG]

2. meant2bemommie

meant2bemommie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    California
    What a fun and exicitng weekend. I am so sorry about that little chick. So sad... looks like it is going to be a fun acouple of months for you. [​IMG]

3. Yogiman

Yogiman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2008
    South Louisiana
    Sorry for your loss of the little one. Sounds as if it had problems to begin with. But you still have the 5 plus what ever Winglet gives you. And then there is the hope for some new baby duckies. Life is good any how.
    And a Happy Easter to you and yours on the bayou from all of us down here on the bayou.

4. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    My son would die if he saw that pokemon in with those chickies....[​IMG]

5. tbckaren

tbckaren Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2008
    South Carolina
    I will definately not be showing pictures of stuffed animals in with baby chicks, my daughter would go nuts with that idea!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by