1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Safe and healthy peachick treats?

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by AnnaLease, Sep 1, 2011.

1. AnnaLease

AnnaLease Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2011
    My chicks are 1 week old, 4 weeks old and 6 weeks old. What treats can I give them? Thanks!

2. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Mine get scrambled eggs,cheese,cottage cheese, ground up seed mixture at 20 percent protein, broccoli ,lettuce ,watermelon ,cucumbers, corn on the Cobb ,cabbage, cantaloupe,whole grain bread, bananas,grapes raisins and the list goes on.

3. AnnaLease

May 10, 2011
    OK, maybe a better question would be: is there anything a peachick SHOULDN'T have? I don't want to give them something toxic or poisonous and kill them!

4. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    I know that avacados are harmful to birds in general. but can't think of anything else off hand
    Ya know my older peas free range and i see them eat seeds from pok sally and trumpet vine and i know they are toxic to other animals but the peas don't seem to be affected one bit so mabe they know what is good for them and what is not but baing caged may be a different story i am not sure.

5. AnnaLease

May 10, 2011
    Yes, I've heard that avacadoas and potatoe peelings are the only things chickens shouldn't eat, so that's why I was wondering. I just gave them (my peachicks) some broccoli, cucumbers, and tomatoes and they are checking them out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by