Safe and healthy peachick treats?

AnnaLease

Chirping
8 Years
May 10, 2011
My chicks are 1 week old, 4 weeks old and 6 weeks old. What treats can I give them? Thanks!

Mine get scrambled eggs,cheese,cottage cheese, ground up seed mixture at 20 percent protein, broccoli ,lettuce ,watermelon ,cucumbers, corn on the Cobb ,cabbage, cantaloupe,whole grain bread, bananas,grapes raisins and the list goes on.

OK, maybe a better question would be: is there anything a peachick SHOULDN'T have? I don't want to give them something toxic or poisonous and kill them!

I know that avacados are harmful to birds in general. but can't think of anything else off hand
Ya know my older peas free range and i see them eat seeds from pok sally and trumpet vine and i know they are toxic to other animals but the peas don't seem to be affected one bit so mabe they know what is good for them and what is not but baing caged may be a different story i am not sure.

Yes, I've heard that avacadoas and potatoe peelings are the only things chickens shouldn't eat, so that's why I was wondering. I just gave them (my peachicks) some broccoli, cucumbers, and tomatoes and they are checking them out.

Back
Top Bottom