Safe food, treats, and toys for dogs?

I like to give my guys Bully sticks to chew on. I usually buy them from my local store, they are made in Brazil. I went in another store and bought some; I didnt have my glasses on, so I couldnt read the small print. When I got home, I saw they were made in China!!! I threw them out.

If China cant get human food right, what would they do with dog food???

I may check out the tractor supply store. I know some of them have better items than the Walmart. I was even shocked one day that I found ferret supplies in one. They had the same thing I was buying at a pet store but had a cheaper price. I'll ask my FIL which one has cheaper items since he goes into them all the time for parts. He even bought wire for a cheaper price for 25 foot in the roll than I did at another store for a 5 foot roll. I'm getting a english bulldog and the people I'm buying her from told me no tennis balls, leather hide chews, or bones that she may choke on. They said their male loves to play with a soccer ball but had to buy a basketball cause he tore the soccer ball up to fast. They give their dogs the nylabones and haven't had a problem with them. I know I'll have to supervise stuff toys. Seen some dogs chew those to pieces while others will have a toy for years without tearing it apart. I want to keep a group of toys for supervised play and a group that she can chew on without having to watch her every minute.

Quote:
Sadie loves the bully sticks!
smile.png

Quote:
Both of my pups were on that and did great. No corn, no wheat and no soy. Kane has grain allergies, so that food worked great. The only reason we started feeding them Taste of the Wild, is because it became available closer than the TSC, which is where we went before.
Both dogs are currently working on beef shoulder bones. Now down to the marrow.
No rawhide allowed in this house. I also have a couple of black kongs laying around that they are only interested in for as long as it takes them to lick the peanut butter (that I put in the hole) out.

Back
Top Bottom