Safe Grass

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by needlessjunk, Mar 11, 2015.

1. needlessjunk

needlessjunk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2014
    Round Rock, TX
    We are fixing up our back yard and I need to lay down some grass seed. What you found that works or is even safe for the ducks? I've been looking at the big box stores and I thought that I finally found some Fescue (Kentucky 31) and I just read the package again and it's treated [​IMG] Why is it so hard to find grass seed that isn't treated? I'm going to check the feed store and see what they have since you can buy it in bulk by the scoop/lb. Does TSC have grass seed?

2. Amykins

Amykins Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2013
    Because people think prettier grass is more important than our health. I saw an episode of Penn & Teller where this guy who was obsessed with his lawn fully acknowledged that the chemicals he used were known to cause cancer, and several were components in the production of agent orange. But he didn't care, all he cares about is how lush his lawn looks! To him, that's literally worth dying a horrible, slow demise over.

People scare me.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  3. needlessjunk

needlessjunk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2014
    Round Rock, TX
    I saw that one. Yeah, people are nuts! But seriously it is becoming a real challenge to find things that aren't laced with chemicals. Everything from food to grass [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by