Safe-guard Equine???

BHep

Crowing
9 Years
Nov 20, 2010
Faison, NC
I read here to worm using safe-guard for goats. BUT...could I use safe-guard for horses??? It is a paste (fenbendazole).

Also can anyone help me with an aprox. age of this guy?

72330_001.jpg

Age looks like this summer will be 2 years, just starting to get a small train. At 3 yrs they get a full train. Might have been late 09 hatch, I have a Purple BS that has a real small wispy train and was a late 09 hatch.

Hey Beth,

I used safe-guard for horses before i discovered safeguard for goats on my peafowl. I find they both work the same but safeguard for goats is WAY easier than using the paste. If you continue to use safe guard for equine, place a dime size portion on their tongue and make them swallow. thats if your birds let you catch them, otherwise place the dime size portion in a piece of bread or some other treat. safe guard for goats is so much easier tho, just drop 3cc into their water once a day for 3 days and your done. Hope this helps. Andy

Thanks!
smile.png

I figured about that on age from looking through the threads here. I got "2 pairs" ended up being 3 peahens and 1 peacock. I'm good with that. So I have another year before they start breeding? I did get 1 egg a couple months ago. Nothing since.
hu.gif

They are pretty friendly, I should be able to give them the paste. I have it here for my horse, so figured I will use it. Also use it for my chickens.

Thanks again!

Trust me get thesafe guard for goats, us it for the peafowl and chicken , just 3 cc per gal of water....LOTS EASIER than the paste.

Yeah I used the safe guard on my birds, it was soo easy and waaaay better then having to catch them up. When one of my peahens got sick we had to catch her and squirt medicine down her throat...That was not fun since catching her got her feathers all messed up and it freaked her out so she hated me for several months and wouldn't even look at me. The safe guard would be the easiest, but if your birds are used to being handled unlike mine then I guess you could use the paste.
wink.png

Thanks for the tips..... I got the safeguard for goats today and will start to worm everyone tomorrow. 3 days for the peas right?

Nevermind..............just reread the post and answered my own question...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom