Safe mouse killer ?

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by TaylorChicken, Sep 12, 2010.

1. TaylorChicken

TaylorChicken Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2010
    San Diego,CA
    I hate to kill them but I have my two chickens at a horse boarding stable and the owner insists that the mice around the coop are getting out of hand (They aren't) and she wants to poison them but I need to find a SAFE poison that can be used around the chickens,horses,dogs,bunnys and so on. I found "Aradibait" which looked FABULOUS because it was a better way for the mice to go aswell as safe for everybody else but its only sold in the UK. I know you can use cement/flour but that just seems so terrible for them [​IMG] and really unsafe for the chickens...If anybody knows a brand close to Aradibait or something simillar that would be great.
    Thanks!

2. miss heny

miss heny Genetic Expert in learning Premium Member

get a cat.

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

And make sure all chicken feed are inside the coop, secured, so no rodents can even get to it.

4. TaylorChicken

Jul 13, 2010
    San Diego,CA
    If I could I would,I cant, I need killer.

5. miss heny

miss heny Genetic Expert in learning Premium Member

Quote:well then, i dont know.

6. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    What if you made the feeder so the chickens could only reach it from standing on a roost? Might not stop rats, but mice likely couldn't stretch as far as a chicken.

7. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    Tin cat- the metal box traps that mice go in and cant get back out. Good thing is they are repeat traps, so mice can keep coming in.. Get a couple and put in different locations.

Hate to say it the stable person probably right- for every one you see there probably are 8 more.. plus they breed VERY fast. Plus prevention is a very good measure anyways..

8. 1_FnkyFrm

1_FnkyFrm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2010
    Knoxville, Tn
  9. aprophet

aprophet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    it may be kina graphic for some folks but this is one that works well I have built this style trap with 55 gallon barrels and with 5 gallon buckets .

10. TaylorChicken

Jul 13, 2010
    San Diego,CA
    Thanks I think Im going to try making some way to feed the chickens else where where the mice cant get to it and try to order some safe killer. The mice do need to go do to snakes and such but I hate to kill them in a TERRIBLE way when there are other options..[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by