Safe pain medications

dahltwins

Hatching
6 Years
Dec 18, 2013
Does anyone know if any pain medications are helpful or any that are toxic to chickens? I wanted to give a chicken methadone for pain medication. I don't think it will live anyways but I cant stand to see it in so much pain. Any answers are welcome about any medications. I heard any benzocaine or lidocaine is deadly but that's it.

You can give chickens aspirin for the pain. Crush one baby aspirin per three pounds of body weight up and mix it with a little water. Give it by eyedropper, or let the chicken drink it on its own.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if any pain medications are helpful or any that are toxic to chickens? I wanted to give a chicken methadone for pain medication. I don't think it will live anyways but I cant stand to see it in so much pain. Any answers are welcome about any medications. I heard any benzocaine or lidocaine is deadly but that's it.
Welcome to BYC!

No way to give an animal that small the proper dose of methadone.

-Kathy

Last edited:
What is wrong with your chicken that you need pain meds?

Back
Top Bottom