safe to be with rooster?

Naz3

In the Brooder
12 Years
Mar 30, 2007
when is it safe to allow the chicks to meet the rooster?they are currently kept seperate with the hen..they are about 3 weeks now and i was wondering if its safe to let them come outside from the shed into the garden with supervision?hellppp please:S

Did the hen hatch these out? If so, I would say yes, with supervision of course. She will do her best to protect them. Hopefully he is not mean..and will be just fine. Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

thank u
smile.png
ye she did hatch them,1st time and 3 out of 4 hatch so i was happy:) a little nervous about them being with roo but the weather is nice and i feel they should explore..he can b a little violent with us..he chases me..but im hoping he wont b with them!thanks again

He chases you?????? Ohhhh, BAD rooster! LOL What breed is he? The chaseing thing you need to get a handle on before he hurts you or someone else! Just put on some long jeans....good strong tennis shoes..and a long sleeved shirt or jacket. When he comes at you...stand your ground and open the jacket and give it a flapping motion, and yell NO! Like you are a giant roo with large wings. This might take a few times...but a swift foot to the roo will help remind him YOU are top roo! Mean roos can be very dangerous especially if there are small children around. Good luck with him. If he doesnt settle....think chicken and dumplins! yum yum.

lol!thanks 4 the advice:) he is a dwarf feather footed roo..very beautiful so i wudnt eat him:S but he can b a little bad tempered,i just dont want him 2 hurt the chicks!i will definately try the jacket idea!

Back
Top Bottom