Safety holes help

won023

Songster
7 Years
Jan 31, 2017
England
hi there I have a chicken egg on day 20 today that has internally pipped since last night now. No external pip yet and I’m worried as my last two didn’t survive after internal pipping. Can I give safety holes will it hurt them? I just don’t want to them to die in the egg... after all that. Any advice would be appreciated

Baby just hatched but another one hasn’t externally pipped and I’m pretty sure he has internally pipped for 30 + hours now I made a saftey hole but when should I be concerned?

I don't understand why you are candling so much to know about internal pips... Do you not use a lock down?

If a chick can't make it's own external pip... then it ISN'T viable in my opinion.

I'd be concerned that no matter who pips they might all be shrink wrapped with that much candling. :confused:

It seems like so long between pips... but there are thinks taking place during this time inside the egg.. to finish prepping the chick for hatch.

Your babe is cute. Hope your others come along well! :jumpy:jumpy

hi there I have a chicken egg on day 20 today that has internally pipped since last night now. No external pip yet and I’m worried as my last two didn’t survive after internal pipping. Can I give safety holes will it hurt them? I just don’t want to them to die in the egg... after all that. Any advice would be appreciated
How is the chick?

Did it make it?

It's SO hard to wait!!
Baby just hatched but another one hasn’t externally pipped and I’m pretty sure he has internally pipped for 30 + hours now I made a saftey hole but when should I be concerned?

Attachments

• 96B412B4-1DA3-40C0-AAA0-8FAF7575BEC3.jpeg
    96B412B4-1DA3-40C0-AAA0-8FAF7575BEC3.jpeg
    232.6 KB · Views: 14
I don't understand why you are candling so much to know about internal pips... Do you not use a lock down?

If a chick can't make it's own external pip... then it ISN'T viable in my opinion.

I'd be concerned that no matter who pips they might all be shrink wrapped with that much candling. :confused:

It seems like so long between pips... but there are thinks taking place during this time inside the egg.. to finish prepping the chick for hatch.

Your babe is cute. Hope your others come along well! :jumpy:jumpy
I was concerned as the last time I candelled one was internally pippin as it was ttoo long I was concerned. I’m leaving him to pip himself.out hoping her pulls through as the other baby is lonley

Back
Top Bottom