1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sage is a momma chicken now....

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by StarLover21, Oct 30, 2011.

1. StarLover21

StarLover21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2011
    We got some white leghorns awhile ago, and lost all but 1 to racoons. After several weeks we got the remaining one some freinds, some five week chicks. They immediantally became freinds. I'm so happy for her, she was so depressed beforehand. We kept them in a pen, but now they're roaming the back yard. They love it. Sage (WL) had experiance with the yard. She showed the babies around the yard, showing them the coop, the bush (good for roosting!) the haypile (good for sunbathing!), and the leafpile (good for dustbathing). They follow her all around the yard, and she won't let them out of her sight. They're very sweet. She got to be a 'mother' before she layed her first egg! [​IMG]
    I'm so happy it all turned out okay!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Neato!

3. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Fantastic!!

I can just imagine the tales she is telling the little ones as she shows them around.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by