sagging feathers on an E.E.?

aubreynoramarie

designated lawn flamingo
9 Years
May 27, 2010
Reno, Nevada
my girl is 11 weeks old. i can see a teeny baby tiny comb on her, but its got no color and is barely visible. Gosh i wish i had a picture, but let paint a mental one instead, shall we?

has anyone else's easter egger pullets had feathers on thair tails that bend downwards? shes got pointy feathers on her neck...but pretty oval-ish on the rest of her body. just before her tail the feathers seem to push themselves out of the way, in a downward position, and then the tail. i just noticed today that two of her tail feathers sick out then point themselves straight down...curving, you know? ill have pictures next week (dont ask, its a silly story). i was just wondering if any one else had e.e. that had male-ish feathers but a female-ish comb and what it turned out to be...

Yes I have 9 like that here are a few pics of mine
60495_bird3.jpg

60495_bird.jpg

the brown one is my hen the other is my roo
55121_028.jpg

GREAT photos, very helpful. her feathers look like your last picture's hen ( but buff and white instead). its very confusing to me because these are my first chickens and she has absolutely NO comb or redness there-in. thanks for posting these! i feel a little bit better! (especially since shes my favorite!) do you know why easter eggers have such manly feathers?

And sorry, I forgot to add thank you and I am glad I could help. With the EEs, I currently have 11 I have been going by the saddle feathers instead of neck feathers. I also have a Wels, that does the same thing. Out of 11 EEs I have 4 roos.

Back
Top Bottom