SAHM going back to work after 10 years, ahhhh!

dichotomymom

Songster
11 Years
Mar 19, 2008
Dayton Indiana
I decided that it was time to go back to work (now that my youngest is going to kindergarten in August) and applied to do CNA training for a local retirement/nursing home. This all took place a month and a half ago. I was told to come back/call mutliple times and have never gotten confirmation that I've been accepted. The training is supposed to start on July 12th and I have no idea whether i'll be attending or not. Should I call even though I've already called and physically gone in to check all within the last 2 wks? I don't want to be a harpy but I'm concerned that they have forgotten my application etc.....

Congrats on your decision to re-enter the workforce. Yep you should call, sometimes, "the squeaky wheel gets the grease"...Make sure you can talk to the nurse recruiter or program director. Leave your name and number and see if you can get an appointment to come in and talk to them. If they say all the spots are taken, ask if you can get on a waiting list in case someone else cancels. You could ask if they will have another training session available later as well. If all else fails you could take a few classses at your local community college, even part time, while you look for something else.

Back
Top Bottom