Sale~12 Euskal Oiloa (Marraduna Basque) Hatching eggs~ Listing ends 2/17/12~ 11:59PM Eastern time

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by skylinepoultry, Feb 14, 2012.

1. skylinepoultry

skylinepoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2011
    Old Fort, Tn.
    This sale is for 12 Euskal Oiloa (Marraduna Basque) fertile hatching eggs.Listing ending 2/17/12~11:59pm eastern time.
    Euskal Oiloak are relatively new to North America. This breed has become one of my favorite breeds. Besides being excellent Layers of extra large eggs(220 a Yr) they're superb foragers. Extremely hardy and vigorous with no fear to roam for their own food. This is a dual purpose breed with males weighing in at 8lbs and females weighing in at around 6.5 lbs. Eggs are a shiney tint of light brown. From my own experiences with this breed Its been nothing but amazing. Probably one of the smartest breeds I"ve had yet. This is NOT no dumb chicken! They hold confinement extremely well and free range even better. This is truely a homesteaders dream bird. This is a very friendly inquisitive bird that learns the routines of the yard quickly and likes to be first in line for treats and food.
    If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
    Shipping is $10.85 USPS Flat Rate with handleing fees of $3.00. Payments can be made at my Paypal address ([email protected]) for a grand total of $63.85
    Here is a great link you can go to that will give you some history of this breed. Very fascinating . http://scratchcradle.wordpress.com/resources/euskal-oiloa-basque-hens/
    You can also read our Euskal Oiloa Thread right here on BYC and see what all the rave is about on this new breed. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/510045/euskal-oiloa-basque-thread

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  2. lagunitas

lagunitas Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 17, 2011
    Just candled the 25 eggs I ordered from Skyline and all 25 are developing nicely. Awesome fertility & best packing job in the business by far!

3. skylinepoultry

skylinepoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2011
    Old Fort, Tn.
    That's awesome news! Thank you!

4. 202roosterlane

202roosterlane Happy Hen on a Harley

Feb 24, 2011
    Central Arkansas
    All but 1 of my candled too!!!!!!!!!!!! Super excited!!!!

5. Gdenham

Gdenham New Egg

Jun 21, 2011
    r u close to eastern ky

6. naturespace

naturespace Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2011
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    All 14 of mine are fertile and growing. Hatch day is Sat!

I also have 4 week old chicks that are amazing. They became super friendly at 2.5 weeks. You can see a big difference from other chicks. They are smart and curious. They actually run to my hand when I put it in the brooder to pick them up. They have taken short naps while sitting on my arm.

You can find out a ton here too. Www.euskaloiloas.com.

7. 202roosterlane

202roosterlane Happy Hen on a Harley

Feb 24, 2011
    Central Arkansas
    Wanted to let you know 11 out of 12 hatched.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by