Sale on Cornish X.........

Discussion in 'Meat Birds ETC' started by Miltonchix, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Miltonchix

Miltonchix Taking a Break

Jul 14, 2007
    Milton, Florida
    I just recieved an email from McMurray Hatcheries letting me know they are running as special on Cornish X chicks this week only. Scheduled ship date is the week of the 23rd.

2. Nuggetsowner:)

Nuggetsowner:) Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2007
    Minnesota
    Thanks!! I have been wanting to order a batch for fall. Makes butchering alot easier when it is not 95 outside!!

3. Omniskies

Omniskies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Missouri
    I hate to say this, but even with McMurray's sale their Cornish Rock are double the cost of ones I've bought at other hatcheries. I've never had leg problems with the ones I've bought and they grow just as quickly. Meyer Hatchery ( http://meyerhatchery.com ) sells their Cornish Rock for $0.96 each if you buy 11-49. You can get 50 for $0.86 each. 50 from McMurray while on sale are still $1.53 each.

If you like McMurray then definitely still order from them. I'm not saying they have bad quality, or that these other hatcheries have better quality chicks. I'm just saying that I haven't seen much of a difference in McMurray's Cornish Rocks when compared to these other companies.

I'm still itching to put in another order of 25-50 Cornish Rocks. This is the last month I should order anything in. After this I'll have to deal with chicks in funky hot/cold weather that makes them sick.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by