sale pending - True Ameraucana pullets/roos N. Illinois - cannot ship

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Baybrio, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Baybrio

Baybrio Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    Poplar Grove, IL
    Hi folks,

Due to health issues I need to sell most of my fowl.

In this listing I am offering 12 Lovely Wheaton and/or Blue Wheaton Ameraucana chickens hatched at the end of April.

I purchased these chicks directly from the breeder, Wayne Meredith, with the intention of keeping just two hens to add blue egg layers to my egg laying flock.

I have four males and eight females. Two of the males are very blue looking to me, the others two are darker and one of the darker roos does not appear to have much of a beard. Of the eight pullets one is clean faced.

They have been raised separately from the rest of my flock and in a screened pen in my garage (garage door open during the day). I feed them Flock Raiser. My farm is NPIP and I am a certified tester for the state of Illinois.

I cannot ship these birds, the weather is too unpredictable, but I will drive to meet someone who is interested.

I am not an Ameraucana breeder and cannot tell you if any of these birds are "show quality". I can tell you that they appear very healthy to me and always have been healthy, they are relatively quiet birds, and although I have not handled them much they quiet right down when you pick them up (except one :) ).

Here are some pics from today (6/19)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks

Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  2. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    How much do you want for each?

3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I woudl not mind a couple of pullets! [​IMG] How far are you willing to drive?

Ducklover gets the first dibs on these....I know he is looking for some good Ameraucanas!

4. Baybrio

Jun 11, 2008
    Poplar Grove, IL
    Oh my, I did not realize I would have so much interest. Thank you!

The first person contacted me right after I posted them by PM and I believe she is going to buy them all. I will contact folks in the order I was contacted or you posted here if the sale falls through.

5. StevenW.

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Quote:Awww thank you, Robin! [​IMG]
    If the other sale falls through I only would want a pair. [​IMG]

6. StevenW.

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Quote:You are the only person in Illinois that is selling REAL Ameraucanas so far.
    I hope you feel better whatever is makeing you sell your birds. [​IMG]

7. Baybrio

Jun 11, 2008
    Poplar Grove, IL
  8. wvfoxhunter

wvfoxhunter Out Of The Brooder

Jun 21, 2011
    Lewisburg, WV
    if the other sales fall through or you have any left I am very interested. the whole thing is going to be is how far you would come

9. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Very nice! Meredith's wheatens are great quality and yours look super healthy. Wish I was closer!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by