SALLY the Basset is HERE!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by chickfillhay, Jun 13, 2008.

1. chickfillhay

chickfillhay Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2007
    Berlin Nh
    [​IMG] She arrived about an hour ago and is an absolute sweetheart! In fact my BOL wanted to keep her too! [​IMG] CAN'T HAVE HER!

I have a long hallway and she is running up and down it at lightnin speed playing with my Great Dane Precious! They are getting along great! She is very light on her feet for a Basset!

I was gonna name her Joshua. After the very first Basset hound I took care of when I was a teenager. Joshua was a girl too!
    But she answers so well to Sally that it would be a shame to put her through something like that again!

[​IMG] We love her here! We will be making a run for her until she bonds with me. Then I will start training her off the leash.
    But for right now everything is new for her and I am going to give her some time to take things in!
    BTW my cat Sushi, is FREAKED OUT! [​IMG] It'll take him a couple of days to get used to her. Soon she will loose interest in him as well!

THANKS DEBORAH!
    I feel like I won the lottery! [​IMG]

2. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    So where are the pictures?????????????????

I want to see one of her with the Dane!

3. chickfillhay

Dec 31, 2007
    Berlin Nh
    THE CAMARA IS CHARGING....SOON, SOON!!![​IMG]

4. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    Oh my goodness. I got goose bumps reading this. Congrat's. I know you are beyond happy right now. I am glad she has found her 4 ever home and that your greatdane does not have to be lonely. I hope this new addition will ease some of the pain of losing Zuzu. [​IMG]

5. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    I love bassets infact that is the creature that is lying under my feet as we speak she was my fifth birthday present she has not aged well though [​IMG] you younger one still acts like a puppy though she is 6. Good Luck with your new family member remember to clean her ears [​IMG] yuck

6. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I'm so glad you were able to get her! How did you two work it out to get her all the way from NJ to Florida?! I'm so happy things worked out for you and the dog!

7. chickfillhay

Dec 31, 2007
    Berlin Nh
    Oh my goodness. I got goose bumps reading this. Congrat's. I know you are beyond happy right now. I am glad she has found her 4 ever home and that your greatdane does not have to be lonely. I hope this new addition will ease some of the pain of losing Zuzu.

Thankyou so much for remembering Zuzu!! I miss her very much but you know what? And had another good cry when I spoke to my DH about her. But I feel it was the best thing and the timing couldn't have been more perfect...I mean the putting down thing was already preplanned, and then Sally coming along at the right time. THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE!
    Quote:SERENDIPITY!!
    My DH just so happens had to go up north to Pottstown PA to pick up his 2 older sons to stay with us for the summer.
    I told thewarriorchild and SHE GOD BLESS HER! Drove @3.5 hours to come meet him at his brother's house!​

8. thewarriorchild

thewarriorchild Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    Ringwood area, NJ
    awww yea!!! I am so glad she is happy!! Just so you know, that trip was expensive...trips to the outlets should NOT be a required stop when in PA but somehow they seem to be!! LOL!! Ok well not to expensive [​IMG] We had a great day out of it [​IMG] I am so glad she is happy. Yea! [​IMG]

I am traveling from here to TX and here to Fl at different times this year, oh yea and Washington in July... If anyone needs a ride let me know!

I can not wait to see pictures too!
    Thanks for caring for her!!
    Deb

9. Sparklecoon

Sparklecoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2008
    North Carolina
    Bassets are sooo adorable. I require pictures!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by