Salmon Ameraucana Eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by soonerdog, Mar 28, 2007.

1. soonerdog

soonerdog Chillin' With My Peeps

I got my order of eggs in the mail this morning from Storm Stryder Poultry. [​IMG] I am so excited. They are large fowl ameraucana eggs of the Salmon variety. Lucky for me, I have two bantam hens which have just started setting about two days ago. [​IMG] I just slipped their eggs out and placed seven a piece of the large eggs under these two bantam hens, and now they are brooding. [​IMG] I can't wait to have some of these Salmon ameraucana large fowl blue egg layers! I am so excited I just had to share my good news with everyone. [​IMG] Wish me luck, Johnny

By the way, they did an excellent job with packing this shippment of eggs!!! I would highly recommend these folks to anyone!!!

Last edited by soonerdog (Today 12:57 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    John 14.6

2. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    [​IMG] Good luck Johnny! I hope they all hatch for you. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Jody

3. thechickenfarmer

thechickenfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Connecticut
    I hope they hatch too. Can't wait to see pics! I bought my Salmon Faverolle chicks from them, they are beautiful chickens and my experience was very good [​IMG] Jen

4. SunChick

SunChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2007
    Bel Air, Maryland
    I have eggs from the same breeder. I have just had 3 hatch, one was a day early and two on time. Not sure if the rest will hatch but they have two days to go. chicks are yellow, 1 has a black dorsal stripe and fawn patches on each side, then the rest of him/her is yellow.

Do you have the breeder's website? I used to have it but can't seem to find it.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2007
  5. soonerdog

Last edited: Apr 1, 2007
  6. soonerdog

Out of the first batch of Salmon Ameraucana I had four to hatch today! I had the misfortune of a young adult rooster getting in the nest with the hens and breaking the eggs. I have set the second batch of eggs today and hopefully I will have more chicks from the second hatch.

7. SunChick

Feb 23, 2007
    Bel Air, Maryland
    Must see fluffy butts!!!! Congrats on the hatch! I just had stryder poultry email me to see how my hatch went. Now we just need your pics! [​IMG]

8. soonerdog

SunChick, I have no way of taking any pictures digitally. Sorry. The wife was talking to me just today about buying a digital camera. I can't wait. I hope she does. So maybe a little later I can get some pics on BYC. As far as the fluffy butts go, they are extra cute extra fluffy chicks with little beards and muffs already and they are extra big chicks too! Big from day one they were big chicks! But of course, I have only had bantams until I purchased and hatched these eggs. I hope I have good success with them. [​IMG] HEY, those folks at Stryder poultry are nice people. If everybody conducted business as well as these folks do then life would be extra wonderful.

SunChick what kind of eggs did you order from them?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2007
  9. SunChick

Feb 23, 2007
    Bel Air, Maryland
    I have salmon ameraucanas from them. Two chicks were really big the third was smaller! Two hatched out yellow and fluffy, one had a stripe down it's back. they all had beards! They are feathering now, have to get some pics up again so you can see! Not sure which are roos or pullets yet. The chipmunk striped one has some neet colors coming through. Not planning on selling these, though I am going to cut down my # of cuckoo marans, sigh can't keep all of them--not with blue/splash orpington and welsummer eggs on the way! New pics soon! If you take your film to Walmart or any of the pharmacies they can put your pics on a cd so you can load it into photobucket--or you can get a disposable digital type camera!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2007
  10. soonerdog

I have two fluffy butts that are striped like a chipmunk bearded and muffed and two that are yellow bearded and muffed. I think the yellow ones will be the true salmon ameraucana. Thanks for the ideas for pictures. Maybe I will get some pics on later.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2007

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by