Salmon/Blue Salmon Faverolles Houston local or ship- pics!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by pasofinofarm, Feb 21, 2009.

1. pasofinofarm

pasofinofarm NONESUCH FARM CONROE TX

Mar 22, 2007
    Near Houston, TX
    I will have a coupple dozen Salmon/Blue salmon Faverolle eggs to ship Monday.

We put in some new genetics last year and we are getting more of a copper salmon and although these birds are very nice I am starting to see some darker colors as they mature that I am not as fond of. Recently I have had a chick with a black head spot also.

They do all have nice feathering on the shanks and 5 toes with correct toe placement. Good body type and awesome beards and muffs. I am posting pics so you can decide for yourself if you would be happy with birds from this parent stock.

If so post sold here and PM me for paypal information.

I plan to do more hatching and culling this year but until then eggs are $2.50 each with a minimum of 8 eggs and shipping is $15 up to 18 eggs.

Pictures here of some of my birds as a group with a focus on those I consider too dark and a close up of what I consider one of the 'too dark' hens and one of a more correct hen and one of chicks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  2. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    Could I have just one dozen? I really don't have room in the bator for all of them.

I'll send you a PM too.

-Cindy in MA

3. pasofinofarm

Mar 22, 2007
    Near Houston, TX
    Of course you can. I sent you paypal information.

Other dozen still up for grabs!

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    The darker ones looks alot like the Maghoney Faverolles....beautiful!

5. pasofinofarm

Mar 22, 2007
    Near Houston, TX
    Thanks Ewe Sheep. They do to me too but the Males are still a very vibrant Salmon not the Partridge of Sand Hills Mahagony (which BTW are very beautiful).

I also have gotten a note from someone recently that they got some white sports. Now that would thrill my heart as I love white Favs and I think they are happy too but in the several hundred we hatched last year we only got one white chick. We raised her to maturity and she did get an ever so light Pink Salmon tint at just about a year.

Here is a picture of her when she was all white. She is with 2 cull Roos and a good typy Salmon hen, right before they left for their new backyard flock home. And later as she was turning. She wound up very beautiful but not show quality for sure with that color.

Some people really believe that every egg that they hatch from great parent stock will be a perfect chicken and are dissapointed with any less but especially with color it does not work this way. Body type and things like muffs and beards are much more predictable.

Can you see what makes these birds culls comparied to the breeding pen roos at the top?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  6. chickenphile

chickenphile Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2008
    Feura Bush, NY
    With this breed are the chicks sex linked by color? I can't have any roosters and might be interested in 8 eggs if so.
    thanks
    Chris

7. Clay In Iowa

Clay In Iowa Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Near Wilton Iowa
    Quote:Noooo and I've been waiting for you to tell us.... [​IMG]

8. GracefulBantams

GracefulBantams Hatching and Showing

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Sorry to go a bit off topic, but I would be interested in buying some adult birds when you cull again [​IMG]
    Thanks.

9. pasofinofarm

Mar 22, 2007
    Near Houston, TX
    OK Clay... you were supposed to at least guess...

In the better roos the colors are more vibrant and distinct. They have very clean cream hackel feathers without all that striping. Body types are heavier and combs are five points and very serated. See the sad little points on the cull roo... NOT very glorius, eh?

Of course if they don't have 5 very nice toes with correct toe placement we eat them... but we almost never see bad feet in our line anymore... I could say never see it but then someone would get bad feet! Just like I said 1/100 white and someone hatched THREE! Chickens will make you say never say never.

And yes the chicks are sex linked in that in about 10 days the cockerels with put on black primary feathers so you can know pretty quickly even though not at hatch.

Oh and if we want to keep talking here we will have to start a conversation somewhere else. I love posting here but the mods do not want 'chatter' in BST and I think we may be headed that way... It has something to do with 'bumping' or moving the thread to the top when the eggs are already sold and upsetting others...

So if anyone wants to go on we can pick somewhere to go... and Graceful we cull in the fall... so you are welcome to them then. Wish I had known last year although Faverolles is very tasty.

10. Gumdrops

Gumdrops Out Of The Brooder

Sep 3, 2008
    Wittmann, Arizona
    They are beautiful!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by