Salmon Faverolle Chick BLUE Lacing?

sophiaw00

Songster
Apr 27, 2015
Illinois
I have two salmon faverolle chicks among my small flock of 8. They are 5 weeks old. One of them is very slow in feather development, the other is very fast. April, the fast one, has almost ALL of her feathers. Last night when I checked on them, she was showing signs of feather development on her head. This morning, her head is almost completely feathered. Crazy how they grow so fast!

Anyways, today I was spending time with them outdoors and I noticed April has what appears to be blue lacing on her tail feathers. I didn't think salmon faverolles had blue lacing (or any lacing?) so I wanted to ask here. April is from a hatchery, so she should be purebred. I was so surprised when I saw it that I had to ask if this is normal or not.

I can get pictures if they are needed.

BantamLover21

Crowing
7 Years
Jul 24, 2013
Photos would help.
smile.png

sophiaw00

Songster
Apr 27, 2015
Illinois
Ok thanks. It didn't really matter to me either way. Just thought I'd ask. I actually think it looks kind of cool.

suchcutenails

In the Brooder
Apr 8, 2016
Ok thanks. It didn't really matter to me either way. Just thought I'd ask. I actually think it looks kind of cool.
Good morning! I know this thread is old, but I was curious about what your girl grew up to look like! I have two who are almost 4 weeks who really resemble yours. I am anxious to see what they look like when they grow up!

Top Bottom