1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Salmon Faverolle noisy breed?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Nic&Chickies, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Nic&Chickies

Nic&Chickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2010
    New Britain, CT
    This morning I heard Phoebe, our Salmon Faverolle, from all the way inside the house! The coop is located, maybe twice the length of the house away, in the very back of our backyard. I mean, I know, I was a 'bad chicken mommy' who slept an extra hour today, and didn't open the coop anywhere near the crack of dawn, [​IMG] but c'mon, what's with all the noise?! Has anyone else experienced noisy SF's? She's also the one who sings the "egg song" long and loud, before and after, it seems sometimes. I told her that she's making more noise than the rooster we sent to a home in the country! (Wait, is okay to admit I actually speak to my chickens? [​IMG] It's not looked upon like talking to yourself, is it?)

2. kaybats

kaybats Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    I don't have any advice on SF's but I can tell ya that I talk to my chickens all the time. What I worry about is that sometimes they answer me! [​IMG]

3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I have one SF left out of 3. The other two passed away from heat stress. Those two and the one left are my noisiest birds, by far.

4. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    That's funny, the faverolles I have are the quietest birds I have, outside of my young quail.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by