Salmon Faverolle not golden sexlinks

csaylorchickens

Songster
9 Years
Mar 8, 2015
California
My Coop
My Coop
So I got my girls as baby chicks thinking they were golden sex links. Wrong!!
I knew something wasn't right because they had beards and feathers on their legs. Every pic I saw Of a golden did not have feathers on their legs or beards.
Well today someone pointed out that they are salmon faverolles. I am grateful that I know what they are now. I looked up the breed ad they are sweet large hens who produce nice brown eggs. So that's great.
But the coop I got is going to be too small. I prepared for 6 pounds or smaller hens not ten pound hens. So now I need to start all over :/
But they are so sweet. One laid down by me and was sun bathing and loving on me, very sweet breed.

More room is always better. You never know when they will be coop bound for an extended time. What size coop were you planning on and for how many hens?

I was thinking for the coop part I have four hens. So I would probably want 4x8 coop and I am making a run for them as well that will be 12x12 area under the trampoline. I think that should be plenty. I let them free range when I am outside all over the place but I am going to be going I school full time and work full time I won't be home much. So I am making that large 12x12 area for them. Does that seem sufficent?

Back
Top Bottom