Salmon Faverolle slow feathering and growth

Toes are probably due to some wonky genetics compounded due to the nutritional problems of not eating well. Have you tried making some scrambled or hard boiled eggs and feeding them? Yogurt is also a good choice. I hatched out some chicks from eggs from Meyers. Interestingly I had three slow growers come from those eggs. Out of the three just one continues to lag at almost 6 weeks.
I gave them hard boiled yolk a couple times.

You are doing a great job btw. You have attended to everything humanly possible to attend too. Sugar is very lucky to jave you watching over him. Just wanted to make sure you know.

More often than we like it comes down to things we cannot control.
Thank you, ya it’s hard sometimes, I had to put a really special one down in February because I did all I could and I knew she was suffering and most likely wouldn’t survive.

Last edited:
Sugar is doing a lot better, he/she is more active and seems better. I could be wrong but I think the wobbling is got a little bit better. He/she is definitely eating more too.

a couple weeks later sugar is now almost 11 weeks and is doing alot better, the crooked toe seems to have gone away and sugar seems very lively and good. His personality is just very laid back. I have him and cilantro separate in the coop with a dog crate for now until i can fully integrate them with my other pullets, cockerel, and adult hen.
DA96FE9D-8004-4917-A530-0969056BB3E9.jpeg
8164AF85-2B47-4893-B28D-8079019D7F68.jpeg
268B57CA-CE1D-46A2-831E-8DEBFF9E4B66.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom