Salmon Faverolle

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by havi, Jul 19, 2008.

1. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Im thinking about buying some next spring. What color eggs do they lay? Ideal just states that they lay "tinted eggs."

2. greenthumb89

greenthumb89 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2008
    pulaski wisconsin
    i think its like an offwhite color but either way the one i have is the sweetest girl ever she follows me around( im been trying to teach some of my chickens this). im even thinking about breeding them for shows when i get older with a house of my own. BUT you should know that they can be VERY flighty when they are young.

3. cthrash1

cthrash1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Somerset, KY
    I got some from McMurray a couple of months ago. ordered 1 male and three females, and they sent an extra male at no cost. Gave one male & female away. One girl is beautiful lighter fully feathered, and the other is a little darker and as of now still no tail. My male has a wierd beak but he eats/drinks fine. Don't know how the others are turning out haven't seen them yet since giving them away. If you just want them for eggs than Ideal or other hatchery will do but I'd recommend a breeder instead of a hatchery if you want better quality as well or to breed. I'm fairly new at chickens so this is just my opinion from my experience and what I've learned. I've had about a 50% odds of good quality coming from the hatcheries and maybe 20% may be show quality.

4. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Im planning on having 4 golden comets/red stars? and then wanted ones that layed the greenish blue eyes. I know the EEs do, but was hoping another breed did as well. Guess Im outta luck.. Oh and I just want them for the eggs.

5. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Faverolles usually lay tinted eggs, which is a much paler version of a brown egg. A couple of the Faverolles I got from Ideal lay a much darker egg, though, more like a typical brown egg.

6. Wooden_Pony

Wooden_Pony Chillin' With My Peeps

My one SF girl's eggs are as dark as our Barred Rocks. The other lays a cream colored one.

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Quote:Easter Eggers, Ameraucanas and Araucanas all lay blue or green eggs, though EEs, being a crossbred bird, can also lay brown. There is another blue egg layer, I think a Legbar(?)who lays blue eggs. Buying from a hatchery, you will only get EEs, though, not a true Ameraucana much less an Araucana.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by