1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Salmon faverolle

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by abbygibson1212, Mar 7, 2015.

1. abbygibson1212

abbygibson1212 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2014
    Missouri
    I know it's too early to tell, but I was wondering if any one who is experienced in salmon faverolles could give me their best guess as to what sex mine is, also, how old is it? And is its legs the correct color for a faverolle or did I get a poorly colored hatchery quality chick?
    Also here is a picture of my mystery birds wings, I'm still thinking RIR/production red, but I don't know.
    And a picture of my faverolle drinking water because it's just cute and funny.
    And does anyone know how to pronounce faverolle?
    Sorry for all the questions
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
  3. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    And cute chick!

Fahv a roll

4. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    Your Faverolles has white legs, which they are supposed to have. You will have to wait until the chick feathers out to know if it's off colored or not. I would guess pullet at this point but I have occasionally been fooled by light colored cockerels. Body feathers are a better indication of sex.

There is a Faverolles thread here. Feel free to post pictures to get opinions there too.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/268082/faverolles-thread/15860

5. abbygibson1212

abbygibson1212 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2014
    Missouri
    @keesmom Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by