Salmon Faverolles, LF, fertile eggs or chicks

dancingbear

Songster
11 Years
Aug 2, 2008
South Central KY
I'm looking for LF Salmon Faverolles, fertile eggs or chicks, from a breeder. My track record hatching shipped eggs is dismal, so I'm hoping to find somebody within a half-day's drive to get them from. Or if you're is a bit too far away, maybe we can manage to meet in-between, if you have an occasion to travel in my direction. I'm in south central KY, Hart county. That's about 25-30 miles south of Elizabethtown.

I don't want eggs or chicks from hatchery stock. The reason is that hatchery stock tends to have production layer mixed in now and then, to increase egg production, and over time they get less and less like the pure breed, and more and more like leghorns or whatever layer breed they cross them with.

I have an on-going breeding project I'm working on, and need the birds to be as pure-bred as I can manage to find. If I use hatchery birds, it'll add a lot of time and work on my part, to try to breed the birds back up to standard, before I can use them for my project. And I'm really not an expert on what the SOP should be, so getting better quality birds to start with seems like a better way for me to go.

I hope that doesn't sound snooty, I don't mean it that way. I have a flock of mostly mixed breeds, and mostly hatchery birds, and since I started researching for this project, and learning more about the hatchery business, etc., I've decided I need to start moving away from hatchery birds, for what I'm trying to do. So I'm gradually culling my flock down to the best birds, and adding better bloodlines as I can find them. I'll still keep some mixed birds as layer, I just won't be using them for breeding. Thanks much, please post here or PM me.

Back
Top Bottom