1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Salmon Faverolles near Western NC

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by CBee, Feb 7, 2009.

1. CBee

CBee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    Asheville, NC
    I'm looking to buy a couple dozen fertile eggs from a nearby Faverolle breeder this Spring, if at all possible. They do not need to be show quality, they will just be pets.

I live near Asheville, NC. If you have any information at all concerning nearby breeders, please e-mail me at [email protected]

Thank you! [​IMG]

Edit: Sorry, this belongs in the 'Hatching eggs' section. Didn't read properly!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  2. Matt A NC

Matt A NC Overrun With Chickens

Feb 22, 2007
    Morganton, NC
    Are you looking for bantams or standards?

I have a trio of salmon bantams that I will be selling eggs from in a month or so. The ladies are laying now, but probably not pure. I need to keep my hyper little dutch cockerel away from them. His lot and new house will be finished in the next couple weeks. Then it will only be Favy that has access. 3-4 weeks later I will start collecting to sell. That is as long as the blasted hawk doesn't get anyone.

My trio is SQ, but I don't plan to sell the eggs for SQ prices. It will most likely be $.50 an egg.

I am just west of Morganton, about 45 minutes from Asheville.

Matt

3. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:Contact Bantyman, he has Favorelles in both Standard and Bantam. He is in the Ga Mtns. Nice birds and he is great to deal with.

4. CBee

May 11, 2008
    Asheville, NC
    Quote:We have hawks too, in fact I just spotted one eying our chickens Friday. They creep me out.

But anyways, preferably Standards. I'm afraid our new chickens will pick on bantams. I'll have to see how they do with our one Silkie... But if all turns out okay, I'll definitely be keeping your name in mind.

5. CBee

May 11, 2008
    Asheville, NC
    Quote:Contact Bantyman, he has Favorelles in both Standard and Bantam. He is in the Ga Mtns. Nice birds and he is great to deal with.

Thanks! I'll have to contact him.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by