Salmon Faverolles....Question

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Jaboyd2u, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Jaboyd2u

Jaboyd2u Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2008
    Branford Fl
    I am probably in the wrong area asking this question.. If I am I do apologize:D
    However I do have a question regarding The Salmon Faverolle, Where can I buy a good pure breed show quality type eggs. I have been searching online and I have someone I believe I am going to buy from just want to be sure. Please if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it... Thanks

2. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    if you want show quality, make sure that person actually shows their birds of that breed. I was sold some chicks this spring at a show only to have them DQ as mixed.

3. chickn

chickn Away for a bit

Apr 15, 2008
    New Hampshire
    i got mine from a breeder that shows i do not show mine, however i have had a judge here helping someone buy some of my birds . that was stressful, but anyway hoppy is giving good advice there too

4. Jonah822

Jonah822 New Egg

Sep 30, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    Your best option is to google poultry shows close to where you live. It is not a slamdunk that there will be Faverolles there. The bantams seem more common than the standards. Maybe try posting if a breeder is going to be at the show near you. Then you can get a first hand look at the stock which the eggs or chicks would come from. Good luck !!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by