Salmon Faverolles Rooster With Silkie Rooster? Good Idea or Bad?

atucker

Chirping
Jun 22, 2021
Looking to add a Salmon Faverolles Rooster to my flock of 15 Chickens. I have not had a rooster yet and this seems like a friendly & Beautiful addition.. I have 3 silkies that are only 2 weeks old at the moment, so I currently can not sex them. 1 does seem to be a little different than the other 2... If one ends up being a rooster, I wonder if it would be ok to have to two roosters together as there would be a total of 14 hens. Any thoughts or experience with a silkie rooster getting along with another?

I have two banty silkie roos, which are not too small. My other roos don't bother them at all.
Silkie and Faverolles are both fairly laid back...
Two alarm clocks...is it really worse than one?

Looking to add a Salmon Faverolles Rooster to my flock of 15 Chickens. I have not had a rooster yet and this seems like a friendly & Beautiful addition.. I have 3 silkies that are only 2 weeks old at the moment, so I currently can not sex them. 1 does seem to be a little different than the other 2... If one ends up being a rooster, I wonder if it would be ok to have to two roosters together as there would be a total of 14 hens. Any thoughts or experience with a silkie rooster getting along with another?
They will fight and crow all the time. I'd play it safe and wait to see if any of them are Hes. Post some pictures so that we can possibly see if they they might be boys. In my experience, 1 roo is enough!

That was my thoughts too. I didn't want to wait weeks to find out if they are male or female. But it is probably be best if I did lol. Here are my 3 Silkies, 2 weeks old.

The first one has lighter legs than the other 2. The last one has had an issue with pastybutt so its butt is a little bare.

Attachments

• white footed.jpg
    white footed.jpg
    333.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Crooked.jpg
    Crooked.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 7
  • pastybutt.jpg
    pastybutt.jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom