Salmon Favorelles?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by PineBurrowPeeps, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Do they lay well?

2. what was i thinking

what was i thinking Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    mine laid 7 eggs out 7 days.

3. ursusarctosana

ursusarctosana Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2008
    Spokane, WA
    I have one salmon Faverolles pullet. She was born around August 2008. She began laying in December and has laid an egg nearly every day since then. She lays medium-sized tinted eggs. Faverolles are known as a dual-purpose bird so they are supposed to be suitable as a meat bird and an egg layer.

Since the Faverolles is such a docile bird, beautiful, and a good layer I've obtained a dozen fertilized Faverolle eggs that are due to hatch in about four or five days. If I have a few more of these hens I'll never need to buy eggs again. [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  4. sloallie10

sloallie10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    CA
    what color is tinted???

5. I just think they look like Sweeties! Are their eggs tinted like it says on the Ideal site?

6. what was i thinking

what was i thinking Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    cny ny
    a lite cream color, not a brown or even tan, just with a little "tint"

7. sloallie10

sloallie10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    CA
    cool!!!!!

8. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    My three litte Faverolles are sweet and great layers. The eggs are not white but they are not tan...they are a light cream color.

9. Lobzi

Lobzi Chillin' With My Peeps

My Faverolle rooster is the sweetest guy too. Im not sure he is such a great protector, but he has never been mean to human or fowl.

10. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    When we had our faverolles they both layed pretty good. About as many eggs as an EE, maybe more.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by