1. greginshasta

greginshasta Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2007
    Mount Shasta, CA
    I picked up lumber for a 10x12 footing today and will get that framed out tomorrow. My current thinking is that I really like the appeal of the saltbox style of shed, and am headed for that form of structure.

Does anyone have a plan for a saltbox? I've seen a couple online, and one is a shed-building book, but I'm curiouis what others might have before I get started.

Thanks

2. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    No plans just get a picture and go from there.

3. Cheryl

Cheryl Chillin' With My Peeps

The carpentry program at my local high school makes salt box sheds to sell, he has two in there right now...I think they are even 10 x 12...maybe you could email him, ask if you could buy a set of plans from him?
    bcarter@sau40.com (Brian) They are actually building me a coop right now, but not a salt box!

4. Cheryl

Of course you wrote this in July, now that I've looked, so it probably doesn't make much sense in September!!!

5. Cheryl

Ignore that last comment...you registered in July!

6. greginshasta

Jul 26, 2007
    Mount Shasta, CA
    Quote:I'll shoot them a note right now. Thanks Cheryl. (Starting to frame the foundation today. The only part I'm not real clear on is how the roof is best framed.)

7. Mac in Wisco

Mac in Wisco Antagonist

May 25, 2007
    SW Wisconsin
  8. greginshasta

Jul 26, 2007
    Mount Shasta, CA
    Interesting. Thanks Mac.

Hey, I made a dump run yesterday and went shopping in their lumber / brush pile. Found a gorgeous wood exterior door which will work nicely into this plan.

Also found a garage sale for a guy who is leaving for Peru and he has a huge pile of lumber for which he wants $50. Gonna drop by today and look closer to see what's in the pile (It was all up in the rafters of his shed when I saw it yesterday.)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by