Saludos From Puerto Rico

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Eduardo, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Eduardo

Eduardo Out Of The Brooder

Apr 8, 2009
    Hi, My name is Eduardo I'm from San Juan, Puerto Rico. We've had chickens at the house all my life. Right now we have one Red Star, one Black Star, 2 white silkie hens, 1 white silkie rooster, 1 bald headed chicken, 2 bald headed hens, 3 new chicks, 2 silkies and 1 mixed not sure how it went down. Had one female turkey that recently passed away and one goose. Also I have tons of rabbits. My goal is to get different breeds of chickens, I was considering ordering at assortment online. Not so sure what breeds I should get, I just want pretty chickens. I will probably have to order a lot of 25, I was told that was the minimum order from the place I emailed.

2. TillinWithMyPeeps

TillinWithMyPeeps Waiting for Spring...

Aug 22, 2008
    Ohio
    Hola [​IMG]

3. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    Bienvenidos!

4. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Welcome from Florida!!

Sounds like you have a nice assortment of chickens, including Silkies! My favorite! Glad you came on board as a member! There are lots of helpful people here. Good Luck with the new ones you order. Also, we LOVE to see pictures of everyones chickens, so we will be waiting to see yours!

Lisa [​IMG]

5. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

6. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Hola and [​IMG]!

I was in San Juan two summers ago while on vacation. It's a very beautiful island. [​IMG]

7. cwc362

cwc362 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2008
    Huntingdon- West Tn
  8. Eduardo

Apr 8, 2009
    Thanks for the warm welcome! This forum has a wealth of information I never imagined. I have been checking different sites because ideally I would like to have a lot of different chickens since I have them as pets. I just like to look at them. I was looking at mcmurray hatchery and others. Now it's just a matter of finding the right website in regards to prices and variety.

9. NancyDz

NancyDz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Dutch Flat, CA
    Welcome!!! My sister and brother were born in Puerto Rico! My parents loved it there!
    I wasnt born yet so I never got to live there.

Nancy [​IMG]

10. Eduardo

Apr 8, 2009
    There's so many things here that i never considered and even thought about. Our chickens are just there in the backyard, we feed them and give them water but that's it. they lay their eggs on the floor. They seem happy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by