Salutations from Northeast Kansas

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by GeoKan, Apr 21, 2011.

1. GeoKan

GeoKan Cackleberry Curator

Mar 9, 2011
    Troy, Kansas
    Introductions are awkward for me as I am more of a lurker so, I'm just gonna jump right in ...

I'm not new to raising chickens. I have been around them most of my life. My grandmother had many chickens and I helped her take care of them. I had a bunch of Leghorns in high school and into college. In fact, as an art student, many of my assignments reflected chickens as the subject I was involved in raising at the time. So much so, many of my fellow students called me "Chicken George." It didn't bother me much.

I have begun fashioning my coop and incubator. I'm really interested in raising Black Copper Marans. I have twin daughters in 4-H that need a good project, so this will be a great avenue for them to pursue.

Anyway, I think this site is wonderful and very informative. I'm glad I'm here. [​IMG]

2. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    [​IMG] from someone else in Kansas., I love Marans I would love to breed them also.

3. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Quote:Glorious to have you! Come join us on the Consolidated Kansas thread!

I'm in Lawrence and have a gazillion breeds including French Black Copper Marans. Nice to see you here!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  4. ChickenBrik

ChickenBrik Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2011
    Lyman, Maine
    Hey Chicken George!

I stole my husband's nickname from work as my BYC name, ChickenBrik. Sound familar? [​IMG]

I too am a lurker, but trying to post more since my experiences may help someone else. Sounds like you have a lot to offer! Try not to be too shy...

ChickenBrik

5. GeoKan

GeoKan Cackleberry Curator

Mar 9, 2011
    Troy, Kansas
    Glorious to have you! Come join us on the Consolidated Kansas thread!

I'm in Lawrence and have a gazillion breeds including French Black Copper Marans. Nice to see you here!

Thank you ChooksChick. What a wonderful invitation. I must have overlooked the "CS" threads. I think I'll pop over and give a yell. [​IMG]

Thanks for the welcome ChickenBrik. [​IMG] I don't know what I can contribute at this stage, but if I am sure on something, you can bet I will chime right in. [​IMG]

6. bockbock2008

bockbock2008 Why do they call me crazy??

Dec 30, 2008
    Southwest Indiana
    [​IMG] from Indiana

I know how you feel *chicken George* They call me the crazy chicken lady [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

8. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. Poultry projects are great for 4-H. [​IMG]

9. MSDeb

MSDeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC, hope you decide to stay a while.

10. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    [​IMG] from Indiana!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by