Salute to the Baking Queens and Kings

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by DuckLady, Jan 28, 2009.

1. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Just a little background.
    I was a bakery manager for 17 years with a grocery store. I could pound out 100 loaves of french bread at a time. Mix, drop and bake 75 pounds of muffin batter at a whack and 50 full sheet cake layers at time. Sourdough bread? 40 loaves? No prob! 200 dozen chocolate chip cookies? Give me a couple hours.

However I was not able to do even a box of Betty Crocker cake mix or even one loaf of bread at home. I could cook, but not bake well.

Thanks to you who took the time to carefully post your tried and true recipes with step by step pics, mentored us, helped us and held our hands.....

I humbly and gratefully say "Thank You". [​IMG]

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I saw your photos of baking today. You are doing a fabulous job!

Thanks to everyone who shares recipes. We have a great collection of cooks and foodies!

3. Renee

Renee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    CALIFORNIA
    I'm with you, terrielacy!
    I baked and decorated my first cakes this week. Surprise! they came out beautifully. Baking is time consuming, it took me two days to do it.

4. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Terrie you are on my Queen list.

I've been amazed at the results of trying many of these recipes.
    BYC may have taught me as much about cooking as chickens.

[​IMG]

5. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    My many, many thanks also! I have been wanting to master a good bread recipe and now I am so proud of myself thanks to all the help here. [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I have a couple of recipe websites bookmarked, and Im getting much better recipes and much better directions from right here.

7. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Thanks to everyone who has helped me out when I've been trying to make something to eat around here! In many cases you've been my motivation and I couldn't have done it without you! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by