Same day, first 2 eggs, same pullet.

MemphisChickens

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 31, 2011
Memphis, TN
I went out this morning and my son yelled to me that Rose our 19 week old production red was laying an egg. He watched her intently and when she was done she ran out of coop started eating and drinking and there was a perfect tan egg in the box. about 10 minutes later she went back into the box, starting making a lot of loud noise and we assumed she was upset we took her egg but about 10 minutes later she had laid another perfect tan egg. I am in shock! I din't think they could lay more than 1 egg every 24 hrs. Is this just a first time laying fluke or will she lay more than 1 egg a day?
She has been crowned our Egg Queen for the day since she is the first to lay and laying 2 eggs while we were out there was just amazing. What a great surprise!

Oh that is good news! I always heard the same thing, but when they first start laying all kinds of wacky things happen. 2 eggs, lots of double yolkers, and soft shells. But one right after the other is pretty unusual. Usually a 2 egg day might be one in the morning and a soft shell at night.

I bet she felt better after laying them !!!

Back
Top Bottom