Same dog attacked my chickens AGAIN

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by henryhoe, Sep 21, 2011.

1. henryhoe

henryhoe Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2011
    The dog that attacked my chickens 2 weeks ago came back today when i was out, came home to a pile of feathers and only oe chick, next door neighbour got another one of the dog, so we still had 3 missing! Found another 2 hiding, then it was down to 1!! I was really worrying that i had to tell my son when he came home that 1 was missing, but i remembered a place it could be, and lucky enough it was there btween fence and shed, took me and husband 20minutes to convince her to come out. In the end 3 of them had blood on their combs! went to her door when she came home and she was sooooo sorry and said that she will chain it up. Told her that dog did it before and she said that her son did not say cause he would be scared incase they gave it away! (thats even longer now to wait for them to start laying)[​IMG]

2. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

It will just keep coming back every chance it gets. You will have to have the birds secured or shoot the dog.

3. darkmatter

darkmatter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2009
    The dog will be back. Deal with it now or later.

4. henryhoe

Aug 9, 2011
    wish i could shoot it, but in a built up area and have no gun!!

5. RedDrgn

RedDrgn Anachronistic Anomaly

May 11, 2011
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    If your chickens are legal and the attacks have been on your property, then call Animal Control.

6. Gresh

Gresh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    North Carolina
    Blow the dog to glory, that's my suggestion [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Whitewinterwolf

Whitewinterwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    If the dog is friendly lure it into a garage and keep it there until animal control can come and get it, or warn the neighbors that you will shoot it. They dont have to know you dont have a gun.

8. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

The "chain it up" part tells me they really don't need a dog at all. It will be back, I'm betting.

9. henryhoe

Aug 9, 2011
    im in Northern Ireland, chickens are legal!! Dogs have to be on a lead!! Would call Dog warden, but then they will know that it was me that did it!! Wish i had waited until her husband came home cause i know he hates the dog and is looking for any excuse to get rid of it!

10. JD4570

JD4570 Chillin' With My Peeps

Looks like you need to talk to the husband![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by