same food day and night

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by bucky52, Oct 27, 2011.

1. bucky52

bucky52 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    I have only three hens.and sometimes they just show no interest in their food.i have tried giving them chopped fruit and veggies.they show no interest in that either.I know i would get tired of eating the same food everyday.i was just wondering if any other chicken lovers have ever thought that they get may get tired of eating the same thing day in and day out.just wondering.my hens are picky eaters.my husband says that they are just spoiled.

2. Mommysongbird

Mommysongbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2011
    Small Town, Virginia
    I have never really thought about it, but our 4 girls seem to like their layer food and the greens they get and most treats.

Maybe you could change the type of food they get, meaning brand and then see what happens.

3. Alexis

Alexis Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Maybe they are just spoiled - and there's nothing wrong with that! [​IMG]
    Most chickens eat the same thing day in, and day out. Are your chickens allowed out on grass? It's possible they just might not be hungry when you try to feed them different things. Don't take offense, I'm sure they don't mean it! If a chicken is hungry, it will eat.

4. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    If you have been giving them to many treats my girls will hold out of the good stuff. Wouldn't you? Hold out for the good stuff that is.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by