SamG347 eggs are in the hatcher! **PICS ADDED** WHAT COLORS ARE THEY?

Discussion in 'Quail' started by magikchick, Jun 14, 2009.

1. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    It's day 14 I moved my eggs into the hatcher and now the wait begins. Can't wait to see what colors I get. Hoping to get a few tuxs as my first one was a tux that was eaten by a snake. Come on little babies![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
  2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2009
  3. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    [​IMG] for a RED TUX then we'd all be envious until we all get our own [​IMG] I'm hoping to see my own red tuxedos soon from my own birds, and SHELLEY you better put an A & M over your reds darn it! I wanna see some red tuxedos from you (and then swap eggs ofcourse [​IMG] ) .

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Gosh!! I think I have enough tuxedos, and I just sold all my extra A&M males! [​IMG]

I suppose I could put the tibetan male with the A&M girls, and the A&M male with the tibetan girls, and put the reds in with them. But I don't even know what sex these reds are yet!! Get off my back woman! [​IMG]

5. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:LOL! I will get off your back *for now*! but the moment you know those reds sexes you better tell me!!! BTW i was researching reds.... if the true reds genetics are "chocolate" (I assume it is) it may be the same way it is in chickens. In chickens theres two forms of chocolate... 1 that is dun the other that is sex linked true chocolate. ANYWHO what im getting at is IF im mright that the reds are all hens when bred to other colors then it is more than likely a chocolate gene which explains teh sex linage. HOwever even in chickens you can produce a chocolate cockerel by breeding the chocolate hen offspring to a chocolate carrying roo, this should produce some chocolate roos as well (which ruins the sexlinking but that way a person could get pure chocolates)! As once you have a chocolate (genetic) roo over a chocolate hen you get 100% chocolate!

SOOO sorry to hijack this thread (but it may be helpful to you if you get a true red tuxedo)! [​IMG] [​IMG] this may end everyones woes about getting too many males! May know at hatching who is who! [​IMG]

6. SamG347

SamG347 Songster

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    Thats awesome! Sorry I didn't see this till just now my computer has been acting strange lately!
    Please let me know what hatches!
    [​IMG]

7. kingmt

kingmt Songster

May 1, 2009
    Mason WV
    Quote:Since you hijacked it already. I don't understand the genetics but I am very interested in it. I assume you will be experimenting with this?

8. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:Since you hijacked it already. I don't understand the genetics but I am very interested in it. I assume you will be experimenting with this?

oh yes I will be [​IMG] Its the only reason i raise coturnix after all *genetic freak I am* [​IMG]

9. kingmt

kingmt Songster

May 1, 2009
    Mason WV
    Quote:I'm very intersted to hear the updates & outcome.

10. magikchick

magikchick ~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~

Apr 21, 2007
    SW Florida
    Day 16 and still no pips. I am sad.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: