San Diego chicken people!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by eggolio, Aug 31, 2016.

1. eggolio

eggolio Out Of The Brooder

Jun 24, 2016
    Hi BYC! [​IMG]

this is a san diego poultry thread i just thought I'd start for fun to meet new people
    I live in the mira mesa area with 5 chickens [​IMG]
    I've got 1 buff orp, 2 barred rocks, 1 australorp and 1 wyandotte

So I'll just ask a random question...
    What's your favorite egg breed?

2. RCraven

RCraven Just Hatched

Mar 22, 2017
    San Diego
    I'm new to this forum and thought I would say hi. I have three older hens, two Australorps and one Ameraucana. I'm in Jamul and hope to breed Ameraucanas, Welsummers and possibly Swedish flower hens and cream legbars eventually. I have four blue Ameraucana eggs due to hatch tomorrow, my very first time incubating.

I have never had a rooster so I'm looking forward to that. Crossing my fingers that at least one chick is male so I can breed to my other Ameraucana who,is a superstar chicken with all the best traits. She is seven years old and till going strong, laying an egg a day this spring.

Any San Diegans breeding Ameraucanas or Welsummers?

Rick

3. eggolio

eggolio Out Of The Brooder

Jun 24, 2016
    Hello, welcome to BYC!

I don't have a rooster either, and I don't intend on getting one just because of HOA rules. I keep chickens mostly for the eggs, and I currently only have one laying hen, thanks to the hawks that live in the canyon next to my house. Now, I still have my Australorp hen, two Buff Orpington pullets, and two Buckeyes.

4. Barbara Luke

Barbara Luke New Egg

Feb 26, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Hi all!
    Yipee local Chicken folk!
    I live in San Diego, the area San Carlos
    Today I receive 4 chickens of 7, that my friend needed to let go of, due to moving. Perhaps she needs home for her other 3. Any takers?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by