1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

San Marcos California City complaint!

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by stephennguyen13, Jan 25, 2013.

1. stephennguyen13

stephennguyen13 New Egg

Jul 18, 2012
    Hello I've been raising my rooster for about 7 months now. Recently the city notified me that I'm not allowed to keep my rooster because of noise complaints and I have 10 days to get rid of him. Can anyone offer a loving home for my companion or direct me to where I can send him? I don't want him to be served as dinner or fight in cockfighting. Will any farms take in my rooster and not eat him? He is a leghorn rooster.

2. frigginchi

frigginchi Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2012
    Saratoga, CA
  3. stephennguyen13

stephennguyen13 New Egg

Jul 18, 2012
    The description say that they do not accept animals because they don't have anymore room :(

4. stephennguyen13

stephennguyen13 New Egg

Jul 18, 2012
    Can anyone help me out please?

5. casscass

casscass New Egg

Jan 27, 2013
    I'd love to help you but I live in maryland.

6. LaPetiteFarmer

LaPetiteFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2012
    Vista, CA
    Have you tried to contact any feed stores? I know the one in Vista (country feed store (760) 724-7310) accepts them when room is available. They are very nice people. Also there is one in escondido but I definitely prefer the one in Vista.
    Hope this helps.

7. winecountrychic

winecountrychic New Egg

Jan 28, 2013
    I have seen postings on the Inland Empire craigslist by people who are willing to take in animals that need a new home.

8. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
  9. kristenmister

kristenmister Out Of The Brooder

Nov 20, 2012
    Like others have said try Country Feed in Vista or possibly the Humane Society if you can't find any adopters. I adopted a hen from the SD humane society and know they had many roosters, they have a ranch out in Lakeside where they house all their farm critters.

10. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Yes I am looking for a leghorn rooster for a breeding project (not food or fighting) will you please let me know if he is still available? Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by