San tan valley coops

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by aglutenfreemom, Nov 7, 2013.

1. aglutenfreemom

aglutenfreemom Out Of The Brooder

Aug 9, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Has anyone used this coop builder?

2. chfite

chfite Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2011
    Taylors, SC
    In the matter of buying a chicken coop that is already assembled, it strikes me that shipping could become a major consideration. Given the size and weight of a chicken coop, basing such on my coops, the cost could be significant and you might need a forklift to unload it and position it once it arrives.

Chris

3. ChuskaMtns

ChuskaMtns Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2013
    Arizona
    I had Marco build me 2 coops - the Moon Door Coop and the Outhouse Coop. They're built very sturdy and you can't beat the price. As far as shipping, if you're located in one of the western states they do deliver right to your door with the coop completely built. They'll also build your coop to your specifications. My husband found them on the internet when I asked him to please build me another coop and I ended up with 2 new ones for what he was going to pay for the cost of lumber and other materials for the one.

4. mcastix

mcastix New Egg

Nov 22, 2013
    I had a large coop built by Marco and his sons and WOW! It turned out amazing. They took my sloppy drawing and made it come to life. Great work ethics, great workmanship, great family to work with. I look forward to having them build my next coop as soon as I convince my husband to let me have a fancier one[​IMG]

5. ChickaNew

ChickaNew Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2014
    I'm interested in ordering the Moon Door Coop. Do you know if it would protect the chickens from Raccoons at night?

6. ChickaNew

ChickaNew Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2014
    How do you like the Moon Door Coop. I'm planning to order it, but want to make sure it will protect my hens from Raccoons. I will ask Marco to use hardware cloth, and maybe build more enclosed nesting boxes. Please advise. Thank you.

7. AZBarbarian

AZBarbarian New Egg

Mar 2, 2014
    We started with his Bantam coop, and made some modifications and added a run.

[​IMG]

My wife had me add the metal roof and enclose the bottom. We also moved the nest box to the other side. The run to the side was made from scratch.

1 person likes this.
  8. stvcoops

stvcoops Out Of The Brooder

Nov 28, 2013
    San Tan Valley, AZ
    In response to the moon door coop I'd go with the hardware cloth vs. regular wire if you have raccoons. They are crafty little creatures. I'd also go with a gate latch over the standard eye hook. Thanks

9. ChuskaMtns

ChuskaMtns Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2013
    Arizona
    I also have 3 sides solid rather than only the back. The front (aside from the door) is the chicken wire but I have wooden panels I hang in place to keep out rain, they hang off of hooks when needed. The hardware cloth would be a better idea for you. My coop is in the center of my llama pasture so any predators would have to scale a 6' fence, get through the dogs, scale a 5' fence, get through the llamas before they could get to the chickens so the chicken wire was no problem for me. And I also agree about using a gate latch for yours, you may also want to consider using some type of D-ring spring type device on top of that as raccoons are quite tenacious.

10. stvcoops

stvcoops Out Of The Brooder

Nov 28, 2013
    San Tan Valley, AZ
    We bulk our orders so taking 6-10 coops in one trip to CA, NM, NV or wherever at 50.00 ea it covers the costs associated with delivering and setting them up. Plus we get to travel with our family:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by