San415's Chicks and Hen Pictures

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by san415, Mar 21, 2011.

1. san415

san415 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2009
    Hi everyone, Sorry it's taken me a day or two to get these on here. I will post a couple of pictures and then when I can get some of the chicks I will post more.

For those who haven't seen my other posts, I was worried about it being so cold here and yet still wanting to give my Silkie ( Baby Blanche) some chicks to raise. She has been broody for a long long time. And faithfully sat on eggs, that turned out not to be fertile, for 23 days. So I went to the farm store and got her two chicks. They were 4 days old when I got them.

[​IMG]
    This is her in the sectioned off nest box area.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This gives you an idea of what the coop looks like so you can figure out what you were looking at in the other pics.

[​IMG]
    This one you can see the chicken "prison" that most of the girls lay eggs in and where I tried to get blanche to raise her chicks in. She wasn't having it!

2. san415

May 7, 2009
    Sorry the chicks in the above post are under her. But they were out and running around and peeping and eating and so we are so happy. It has been in the high 20s at night. Yikes!

3. Caddy-Corner-Chick

Caddy-Corner-Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2011
    Hernando, FL
    You have a nice set up, wish I could of saw the babies [​IMG]

4. san415

May 7, 2009
    I will post more pics and try to get some of the chicks. I am at work right now. Using a cell phone [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by