1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sand Bath Fun!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by sunflour, Oct 26, 2014.

1. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    Wish I had my camera with me while cleaning my coop and run today…[​IMG] but I didn't.

My covered run is all sand and I thought it was time to sift and clean it….2 of my hens had an absolute fantastic time. Every spot I finished became a new bathing frenzy for the duo. They started bathing and having a high time throwing sand on me. When I moved to another area and was just finished, the two got up and started bathing there. After completing the whole area…all 6 got in on the action, and started bathing. It was a fantastic event to witness and experience.. Am so sorry didn't get this on video. But felt compelled to tell someone.

One of my hens has always helped me clean, bathing in any sifted sand…but all getting this involved was eggciting!

2. Radioactive Egg

Radioactive Egg Out Of The Brooder

Oct 13, 2014
    Perth, Western Australia
    Yeah, our chooks do that too. They always have a fun time!
    Radioactive Egg out

3. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    So cute to watch isn't it!?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by