1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sand hill preservation center

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by equine chick, Mar 16, 2007.

1. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    I recently got their catalog, and i was wondering if anybody ever ordered from them before? They seem very small, but have many selections but are not mass produced like some of the hatcheries.

2. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    Sandhill has excellent stock and the strive to produce birds that represent the standard of the breed. They are small and you will not be guarenteed a delivery date. You can select a date but they do raise their own chickens so it not like McMurrary or Ideal where the contract with farmers for eggs. That makes it harder to be sure the chickens cooperate. Once you select your date they make evey effort to get you the birds. You are better off not to order lots of different breeds if you are in a hurry. If you are not set on a specific breed they have very nice assortments.

Sandhill is the only place I would buy chickens if I wanted to get chicks. I have ordered from them but had to cancell due to timing problems that year.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by