Sand Hill Preservation

texaschick2014

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 3, 2014
I ordered from Ideal last time but they are out of standard chickens until June so I was considering other options. I found all of the breeds I was looking for at Sand Hill Preservation but I don't think they vaccinate for Marek's disease. Does anybody know if they do? If they don't can I vaccinate the chicks when they arrive myself? Unfortunately we have to have any new chickens that come here vaccinated for Marek's since we had a chicken confirmed through necropsy to have Marek's. =(

keesmom

Crowing
11 Years
Jul 28, 2008
MA
They do not vaccinate. They also sell straight run only, in case you didn't know. Some breeds have a maximum per order as well.

They got a very late start to the hatching season. I would call before ordering to see if you can get a status on the breeds you are interested in.

texaschick2014

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 3, 2014
Thanks! I did call them and they confirmed that they should have the breeds I'm looking for next month. I completely forgot to ask about the marek's vaccination though and they seemed so busy I hated to call back. =) Well I guess we will have to vaccinate them ourselves then unfortunately.....

dheltzel

Crowing
6 Years
Nov 30, 2013
Pottstown, PA
Investigate what is involved with doing your own Mareks vaccinations. I bet it's more cost for a small group than you would expect. Maybe not, but find out what you are in for before you place an order for unvaccinated chicks.

texaschick2014

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 3, 2014
Investigate what is involved with doing your own Mareks vaccinations. I bet it's more cost for a small group than you would expect. Maybe not, but find out what you are in for before you place an order for unvaccinated chicks.
Oh, thank you! I hadn't thought of that one....will definitely look into that first.

Top Bottom