Sandals+open blister on foot+chickens=ouch!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by TheJuan-n-Only, Aug 1, 2011.

1. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    So I've read so many post of chickens pecking at toes that before I even got chickes to the coop I got crocs to wear around my birds. Well last Sat. the stupid shoes gave me blisters since I used them to mow the lawn...

Today was a stressfull day and I couldn't wait to go home to my chickens to unwind. Since I had a now open blister I just worse sandals (since I live in Florida, is always sandals weather lol)...I got the girls new meal worms, they get so excited about them. So hear I am feeding them, making them jump for worms etc....when all of the sudden OUCH...Pandora, my Fav RIR bird, pecked at my wound! lol...the comes the blood...I crossed my legs for a while until I forgot then come Diana...my 2nd Fav PECK...WTH!!! lol

Had to be my 2 fav too! lol

Note to self....no sandals in the coop...EVER!!!!

Had to share!

2. SilkieChickenLover336

SilkieChickenLover336 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2011
    New Jersey
    Make sure u dont get an infection!

3. TheJuan-n-Only

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    Good point!!! Meds added! lol

4. Dowie

Dowie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    This just confirms my theory that if I dropped dead in the garden the chickens would strip my corpse with great enthusiasm and vigour.

5. 1AcreRooster

1AcreRooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG]

6. TheJuan-n-Only

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    Quote:No kidding!!!!! I always tell my wife come check on me in an hr! lol

7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Quote:My hubby was called to investigate 'a person lying in their yard'. He said there were chickens and the body wasn't a pretty sight.

8. Dowie

Dowie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2011
    Quote:My hubby was called to investigate 'a person lying in their yard'. He said there were chickens and the body wasn't a pretty sight.

Whoa, that's gross. Your poor husband, how shocking. Mind you, the Tibetans practise the 'sky burial' with vultures, as do the Zoroastrians in India. So I guess it's a uh, chicken 'garden' burial?

9. TheJuan-n-Only

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa

Whoa, that's gross. Your poor husband, how shocking. Mind you, the Tibetans practise the 'sky burial' with vultures, as do the Zoroastrians in India. So I guess it's a uh, chicken 'garden' burial?

[​IMG] lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by