Sandals+open blister on foot+chickens=ouch!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by TheJuan-n-Only, Aug 1, 2011.

1. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Songster

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    So I've read so many post of chickens pecking at toes that before I even got chickes to the coop I got crocs to wear around my birds. Well last Sat. the stupid shoes gave me blisters since I used them to mow the lawn...

Today was a stressfull day and I couldn't wait to go home to my chickens to unwind. Since I had a now open blister I just worse sandals (since I live in Florida, is always sandals weather lol)...I got the girls new meal worms, they get so excited about them. So hear I am feeding them, making them jump for worms etc....when all of the sudden OUCH...Pandora, my Fav RIR bird, pecked at my wound! lol...the comes the blood...I crossed my legs for a while until I forgot then come Diana...my 2nd Fav PECK...WTH!!! lol

Had to be my 2 fav too! lol

Note to self....no sandals in the coop...EVER!!!!

Had to share!

2. SilkieChickenLover336

SilkieChickenLover336 Songster

Feb 16, 2011
    New Jersey
    Make sure u dont get an infection!

3. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Songster

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    Good point!!! Meds added! lol

4. Dowie

Dowie Songster

Apr 29, 2011
    This just confirms my theory that if I dropped dead in the garden the chickens would strip my corpse with great enthusiasm and vigour.

5. Quote:[​IMG]

6. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Songster

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    Quote:No kidding!!!!! I always tell my wife come check on me in an hr! lol

7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer Premium Member

May 11, 2010
    Quote:My hubby was called to investigate 'a person lying in their yard'. He said there were chickens and the body wasn't a pretty sight.

8. Dowie

Dowie Songster

Apr 29, 2011
    Quote:My hubby was called to investigate 'a person lying in their yard'. He said there were chickens and the body wasn't a pretty sight.

Whoa, that's gross. Your poor husband, how shocking. Mind you, the Tibetans practise the 'sky burial' with vultures, as do the Zoroastrians in India. So I guess it's a uh, chicken 'garden' burial?

9. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Songster

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa

Whoa, that's gross. Your poor husband, how shocking. Mind you, the Tibetans practise the 'sky burial' with vultures, as do the Zoroastrians in India. So I guess it's a uh, chicken 'garden' burial?

[​IMG] lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by