1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sandspoultry in a magazine article - interesting weekend :)

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Steve_of_sandspoultry, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

A while back we were contacted by the editor of "Out Here" magazine and they wanted to do a story on heritage poultry and the preservation of. The magazine is published for Tractor Supply stores. Yesterday the editor, art director and photographer flew in to NC to do the story. They spent all afternoon here yesterday and 4 hours this morning taking pictures and doing interviews. We were nervous at first but it turned out to be alot of fun. Sharon and a Buff Orpington rooster will be on the cover of the spring addition. They said the spring issue will be at TSC around Feb. For nominal fee the new premadona Sharon and her roo will do autographs. LOL

Steve

2. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

[​IMG] [​IMG] Sharon will be famous!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

That is so cool! Congrats to you! [​IMG] I'll be looking out for the magazine! [​IMG]

4. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    totally awesome Steve!!!!! Cant wait to see Sharonon the cover [​IMG]

5. Steve_of_sandspoultry

It was so funny, it's for the spring issue and here it is Dec. and just a little above freezing and it started sleeting during the shoot. Very few leaves left of the trees and they wanted her without a coat, see if you think she looks cold when you see it. I was freezing

Steve

6. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Congrats!!

7. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Quote:The editor said they had done a piece on BYC before and was amazed at the group and how helpful it was to people. We both couldn't help but say we are there on BYC.

Steve

8. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]

9. sandspoultry

sandspoultry Everybody loves a Turkey

Feb 10, 2008
    Eastern NC
    It was very interesting and fun too. It should be a nice article with lots of pictures. I am glad that more magazines and people are interested in poultry. I enjoy having people come to the farm and ask questions on the rabbits and poultry. It is nice to see people going back to their roots and wanting to raise a few birds and have a garden.
    I don't know about being famous, it was really cold to shoot a Spring cover. I was trying to think warm thoughts but the photographer said I keep getting that "deer in the headlight look"....lol.

Sharon

10. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by